Building Energy Assessor Vacancy- July 2016
Net Zero is a fast growing business specialising in providing BER certificates for commercial buildings. We are one of the top providers of Commercial BER Certs in Ireland. We are seeking to recruit a building energy assessor to contribute to the business and its future growth.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out energy surveys primarily on existing commercial buildings. In addition they will work with clients at the design stage of projects advising on how to improve the energy rating of a building and to ensure that the design complies with Part L of the building regulations.
As we pride ourselves on providing a professional service with fast turnaround times, candidates should be capable of carrying out their work to a high standard and efficiently. We are continuously improving our systems and workflow so a keen interest in technology and the latest modeling software packages would be an advantage. In addition, as we plan to grow the business, we are seeking a candidate who is driven, self-motivated and an excellent communicator.
The candidate will have the flexibility to work from home, from our offices or a combination of both.
- Degree qualified in a construction related discipline such as engineering, architecture or building surveying.
- Possess a full drivers license.
- Highly proficient in CAD software.
- An interest in building energy efficiency.
Training or experience in BER assessments or other energy certification standards would be an advantage. We can assist the candidate in gaining the necessary qualification but they must meet the eligibility requirements for registering as a commercial BER assessor.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Knowledge of building fabric and construction.
- Knowledge of building services in commercial buildings.
- Training or experience in Air Tightness testing or Thermal Imaging.
- Experience in energy auditing (eg. ISO 50001 or BS EN 16247).
- Knowledge of other energy certification schemes (e.g passive house, LEED, BREAM etc).
- Experience with software such as iSBEM, Design Builder, IES or G-iSBEM.
- Experience of providing other architectural/surveying services e.g floor plans, land registry maps etc.
Should you have an interest in this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com